About :)

Tuesday 13 November 2012

My green light.

I got dreams. Attaining world peace. Eradicating poverty. Meeting Cesc Fabregas. Adopting an Asian. The dreams are plentiful. They are colossal. If they didn't exist I could have very well given up on life after my first teenage heartbreak. Its that concept of attainment. It drives me. A certain 'Rome wasn't built in a day' comes to mind. I guess perseverance is a crucial part of it. If I want to see myself even change someone's world as opposed to the world itself I'm going to have to work hard. There is no absence of socio-economic issues in South Africa and the constant exposure to that harsh reality has made us immune. Often I feel frustrated at my inability to actual DO. Like physically get up and build someone a shelter. Or sponsor a tertiary education to a 6 A attaining township child. It's so difficult being 17 on a casual retail position wage without a license. Thats probably why I see my first big step as learning to drive. In fact I have a lesson in a few hours :D once I'm mobile I think I may be able to get my objectives in motion too. Ive identified Social networking as a powerful and vital means of enforcing my future schemes. I intend to fully exploit it with marketing and awareness and the works. For now though, starting small and throwing my energy into local institutes is top of the agenda. During my planned Gap year after undergrad completion I hope to teach English to students somewhere in the world. Language barriers are still strong in the rural communities of our world and it's up to us to attend to these barriers and pass on whatever linguistic capability we have. There's so much to do and really so little time in an individuals life. The power of unification is essentially the only means man has if he wishes to truly make a difference- get them together!

No comments:

Post a Comment